July 16, 2016

Inkspirational Challenge - Inspiration Photo

Happy Saturday everyone!  Boy, is it hot here in Jemseg, NB!  The temperature is bad enough but you add in the humidity and I'm melting!  29 degrees celcius but feels like 35?!  Yuck!  Makes it hard to do anything.  Cooking supper is just cruel.  We've been trying to BBQ a lot.   It's been a hot July this year.  Sometimes I wish we had AC in the house. Thank goodness for the fans we have.  Could be worse, I suppose. At least we're not in a big city like Ottawa or Toronto. Their temperatures are even worse. :-)

Anyway, it's time for another fun challenge over at Inkspirational!  We've got an inspiration picture this time. Take a look....


Isn't that cake amazing?  That must have taken forever to make. The city skyline is a cool idea and that's where I drew my inspiration from.  Check it out....


I used the dies I received from fellow teamie, Marina, for my London skyline. They are by doCrafts Xcut.  There are three separate dies for the skyline so you can layer them.  I cut each one out going from dark to light cardstock.  I had to trim them to fit my card.  Before I attached them to my card I sponged on my fuchsia to purple ombré ink (Recollections) for the sky and added some clouds by sponging on some white pigment ink.  I hand drew on a crescent moon.  I attached my skyline line with foam dots layering it.  I stamped the sentiment (STAMPlorations) in black.  I quite like this card and I love these dies!  Thanks again, Marina!

I hope you pop on over to the main blog and see what the rest of the team and our fantastic Guest Designer has made.  Thanks for visiting and have a fantastic weekend!

I'd like to link up to the following challenge:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge -  create a scene

11 comments:

  1. I like the idea of layering the dies like this and really works for a night time scene. Gorgeous sponging x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour combination and layering of those dies is fabulous. Lots of texture and fabulous background too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really make great use of those dies! The sky is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic showcase of your London skyline dies, Kim! The layers and colours are amazing; the sky, outstanding! We've had pouring rain since our return from Kelowna...and cool temperatures. I feel for you with the heat-fest you're enduring; anything above 24 and I'm useless! Hopefully things will cool down...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one of my favourite die sets but I've never seen it used in such a stunning way, it looks wonderful against that gorgeous background
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what dies! So cool! Your pink sky really makes this card, I love the color palette and your layering of these dies. Such a great card! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love, love, love your design work. The choice for the sky color is awesome too! Thank you for your faithful visits to my blog though I rarely have a chance to reciprocate. Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Kim! The coloring on the sky looks great against your layered cityscape!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful friend to send you those amazing die-cuts. Perfect for the challenge!! Your pink sky is gorgeous Kim ... love the saturation of colour. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What brilliant skyline dies and they work fabulously with the background sky.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!