November 26, 2015

Winter Town

Good morning!  Today I have a card to share that I made just to play along in some challenges.  I realized that I don't do that as often as I'd like.  My cards are usually for a DT commitment.  Sometimes it's fun to just make a card with no obligations. :-)  Anyway, here's my card...


I took one of my favourite Hero Arts stamps and using the HA pool to navy ombré ink pad, inked it up and stamped it on the bottom portion of my card.  I masked off a narrow strip above the image and sponged on the HA navy ink.  I added a narrow piece of silver glitter tape above that.  I stamped my sentiment (SU!) in the HA navy ink.  I just love how the ombré ink adds so much depth!

Well, I hope you enjoyed you visit today and to all my American friends and followers, I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving!  To everyone not celebrating, just have a happy day!  :-)

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

a2z Scrapbooking Challenge - create a one layer holiday card
TIME OUT Challenges - inspiration words, "snowflakes are winter's butterflies". I used the word winter as inspiration.

15 comments:

  1. Loving this Kim.....that ombre ink pad is fabulous and gives it as you say all the depth.Nice stamp too...and of course you have designed a beautiful card with it. I always seem to have to make a card for a reason...and not DT work and seldom just get to make for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to play just for fun! I do love this stamp and what a lovely scene you have created. Adore that slim strip of silver. Good to see you at TO x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that stamp too. Lovely card.

    So glad you could join us at a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The unusual winter scene. The town disappears into the darkness of the night and did it so wonderfully! Wow, beautiful.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful winter scene!! Love the white space!! Thanks for playing with us at a2z!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love that winter town :) such a fabulous scene !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is just so perfect! glad you played along with us at a2z!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Winter scene and layout. TFS Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautifully done. Thanks for joining us at A2Z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Love Love how you used Hero's Ombre Ink for your gorgeous background...truly a gorgeous card! So happy you entered it to the a2z Scrapbooking Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. so pretty - a wonderful stamp turned into a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great scene, glad you joined us over at a2z

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Ombre Ink... I didn't know I needed that... But I think I might! The results of using it are striking. Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge with this card too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely stunning Kim!! I have this stamp pad and get all confused about how to use it, so this is definitely inspiring for me. Its a beautiful design and in my favourite colours. So very excited you had the chance to join us at TIME OUT!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!