November 14, 2015

Poinsettia Tags

Hey everyone!  Today I'm sharing a couple of tags I made. There are always lots of fun Christmas themed challenges around at this time of year and I love to participate when I can. :-).  Now, you know how fond I am of non-traditional colours for Christmas cards and tags are fair game too.  Take a look...


I started with the pink one then decided to make one in blue too.









I stamped my poinsettia (STAMPlorations) on the bottom corner in black ink and coloured it in with my Spectrum Noir Markers.  For the pink tag, I speckled the background using my markers as well, then splattered metallic silver acrylic paint and added some random dots of Wink of Stella (both hard to see of course). I did some white dots with a white gel pen on the poinsettia leaves and added some more WoS to the center.  For the blue tag I did a blended grey background rather than dot it.  Then I splattered white and silver acrylic paint.  I stamped the sentiments (STAMPlorations) in black ink.  Lastly, I added some ribbons.  I think they turned out quite lovely.

I hope you enjoyed your visit today and I wish you a fabulous weekend!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

Tracey McNeely's (In My Creative Opinion) 25 Days of Christmas Tags - I was inspired by Vickie Zimmer's pink, blue and silver tag from Day 6.
Loll's (Stamping With Loll) Twelve Tags of Christmas - create a mixed media tag. My tags have ink, stamps, glitter, white gel pen, alcohol markers, paint, ribbon.

10 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous. Love the gray BG and your ribbon match perfectly. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous tags Kim!! Love the non-traditional colours ... and your shading of the poinsettias really brings them to life and gives them so much visual depth and dimension. The pointillism background for your pink tag is done to perfection --- great technique! Thanks for sharing your tags at my Twelve Tags of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, these are gorgeous tags, Kim! super artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Artistic & beautiful, Kim! I love the splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim these are beautiful!! hank you for linking to the 25 Days of Christmas Tags m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow, those are so beautiful! Thanks Kim, for your lovely get well card! So cool, those alcohol inks! And it really is so sweet of you to take time out of your already so busy schedule to think of me and send me a card! Big hugs, Cornelia
    PS: are you going to share your renovation projects? I am so curious....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooooooooooo pretty and sooo beautifully colored :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. UMMMmmmm you have talent coming out of your pinky finger. These are just incredible. Totally pinned!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!