November 03, 2015

One Layer Christmas Card Challenge #21

Hello!  I know I've been MIA for a bit.  We are in the middle of doing renovations (as I've mentioned before) and while we are a ways off from being done, I finally cleaned up the mess the electricians made when they needed access to my art area.  So, I finally got to make some cards!  So, today over at One Layer Christmas Card Challenge we have a fun challenge for you.  As usual it's anything goes, but the twist this time is Reindeer.  And if you use the twist you could win a prize!


I have a few reindeer stamps and I decided to go with an old one.  I still love this stamp.  Take a look...


The first thing I did was stamp my reindeer (Inkadinkado) and emboss it in white.  Then I masked off my hill and moon.  I sponged on Elderberry, Nautical Blue and some Teal Zeal Memento inks for the sky.  I splattered some water on it and then some white acrylic paint.  Then I stamped my bare branch tree (don't know who made it, it's pretty old) and my pine tree (another oldie, All Night Media) in Versafine black ink.  I removed the masks and stamped the sentiment (STAMPlorations) in black.  I think this little snowy scene turned out rather well.  :-)

Well, I hope I've inspired you to not only get a head start on your Christmas cards but to join us over at OLCCC.  Remember there's a prize up for grabs if you use the twist.  You really should at least check out the other DT member's projects as they are all fabulous.

I hope you all have a fantastic day and thanks so much for visiting.

I'm going to link up to the following challenges:

Winter Wonderland - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps and More - Holiday
City Crafter Challenge - Getting Ready for Christmas
52 Christmas Card Throwdown - pick a previous challenge - June 2014, Rudolph/Reindeer 

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! The deer illuminated by the moon is simply amazing, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Kim...what a majestic deer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Kim! Beautiful night sky!
    Good luck with the renovations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super stunning card it is!! That reindeer looks absolutely fabulous against the scene in the background.. :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad I zoomed in on your fave deer... that is an awesome stamp! Your whole card is terrific, love the feeling of it... looks cold and Xmasy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland with your beautiful card, I love what you have achieved gorgeous
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! This is wonderful. The inked sky is so gorgeous and your reindeer is fab. Thanks so much for playing along with our Pick a Previous Theme at 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your nighttime scene is amazing! I love how the rich colors of the sky contrast with the snowy ground. Thanks for sharing this wonderful card with us at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I love that magical night sky. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing card! Love it! Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM blog.
    Olesya, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Kim! This is gorgeous! That deer is so elegant and the use of color on your background is really impressive. Beautiful card!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so majestic, Kim! That old reindeer is still relevant and breathtaking and he looks amazing against the modern day brilliant sky!! Congratulations on the HM honor from ATSM!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!