November 07, 2015

Inkspirational - Colour Challenge - Anything Goes With Silver

Happy Saturday everyone!  It's a lovely mild day here in Jemseg, New Brunswick.  We've had a pretty nice fall if a bit rainy.  Hard to believe that it is November already.  Before you know it Christmas will be here.  I know, I know, you don't want to hear it.  LOL. Well, how about hearing about a challenge instead?  We've got a new one over at Inkspirational and it's a great one for getting those Christmas cards done.  It's a colour challenge and it's anything goes with silver.


My card today is another one for my Christmas card stash.  I need about 7 more cards to be done.  I would have been done sooner but my Mom wanted some for her so my stash took a bit of a hit.  :-)  Anything for my Mom though.  Here's my card...


I decided to use a NBUS stencil (STAMPlorations) for the main part of my card. I masked off the top portion of my card, put my stencil on and sponged on metallic silver ink (Color Box). I removed my mask and adhered some houndstooth patterned washi tape (Recollections) and a trimmed piece of teal glitter tape (Recollections).  I die cut a snowflake (Echo Park) and added a pink iridescent rhinestone and attached it to my card.  Love the pops of colour with this card.

Well, I hope you'll come on over and play along with us.  You should definitely check out the Ink DT projects.  They always deliver!  Plus, we have a fabulous Guest Designer too.  Kathi of My Creative Therapy joins us and has created a fantastic card.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have an amazing weekend!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More - clean and simple
TIME OUT Challenge - Christmas with optional pink or purple. I have some pink on my card.
CAS- ual Fridays - Precious Metals. Use metallics on your card

8 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Kim, love how this stencil look. I thought it was embossing. And enough of the showing off...only 7 cards to do!! Thanks for joining TO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came 'this close' to using the same stencil...and then realized I had no idea what to do next, so headed in a different direction! Now, seeing your lovely showcase, I can return to the drawing board! Soooo pretty; your mom will love this, as do I. Seriously - only 7 more to do? I'm impressed - I've only done maybe 7! Yeeps!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've used silver ink - so effective. Love the pattern and colour as the finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit that I initially thought you had done a bit of heat embossing. BUT then it turns out you've used a stencil and silver ink to create this look! WAUW is what comes to mind! As always a fabulous card, Kim :)
    Yes, anything for our Moms. Well, they'll do anything for us, so it goes both ways ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... what a creative use of silver ink! Very cool design! And I like that snowflake topper. I am always a fan of nontraditional colored Christmas cards.
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! I thought you embossed the silver the blending looks so great! I like the element of colour on the top! Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week! Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!