August 01, 2015

STAMPlorations - August CASEplorations

Greetings everyone!  Today is the day to start a new CASEplorations!


This month we are CASEing a card artist that I'm sure you'll all recognize.  Her work is artistic and beautiful.  It's non other than, Karen Dunbrook!  Here's her amazing card we are CASEing...



Isn't is gorgeous?  And her own CASE of her card is just as fabulous.  You really need to check it out.  Now, we all know that Karen loves her blue cards so how could I not make a blue card?!  Here's my CASE...


I took a white cardstock panel and stamped and embossed my larger butterflies in white.  Then I sponged on broken china Distress ink and nautical blue Memento ink creating a mottled look.  Then I generously spritzed on some water so the ink would soften and blend.  Then I stamped the small butterflies in the same coloured ink.  Next, I took some white acrylic paint and dry brushed it on in a kind of cross hatching pattern.  Then I stamped my sentiment in the nautical blue.  Lastly, I attached my panel to my white card base.  Not quite my usual style but I love how it turned out.  :-)

I used the following STAMPloration stamps sets:

I hope you'll come over to the CASEplorations Playground and join us in CASEing Karen's card.  Or if you'd like you could CASE my card or any of the DT girls cards. It's totally up to you.  If you do link up you could win a prize!  Hope to see you there!

Have an amazing day and thanks for stopping by!

I'd like to link up to the following challenge:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - anything goes
The Mixed Media Card Challenge - butterflies (optional gold element)


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful case, Kim! the background you created is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the darker "shadow" type bflies on your background -- awesome card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, amazing card! I can feel the motion. So tender and light!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to read every step because that background is fantastical! I'm going to have to try that dry brushing effect because wowzas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8/01/2015

    This is sooooo pretty and cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each Your card is an extraordinary experience. I love them and they are always so very inspiring. Thank You.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mottled BG looks so stunning :) I can't stop staring at it !

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS, Kim! You've created a lovely work of art...this one needs to be framed!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm back with a design team hat on this time. (woops!) Just wanted to say again how lovely your card is and thank you very much for linking up to the Mixed Media Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful butterfly card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely case of Karen's pretty card! What a great background you inked for your embossed butterflies Kim! Thanks for joining us in the Mixed Media Card Challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really beautiful - you're so clever with ink.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the depth you've created with your layers Kim, especially the dry brushed paint! Great effect! Thanks for sharing at the Mixed Media Card cChallenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, soft blue tones. Love your butterfly card!
    Thanks for playing with us at MMCC. Hoping to see you with us again in September! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!