August 19, 2015

Jingle Bells

Hey everyone!   You may have noticed this month that I haven't been posting quite as much.  Most of the post have been pre-scheduled too.  We were on holidays over in Prince Edward Island for a bit and now we are trying to do some renos.  The trip to PEI was awesome!  The renos aren't going very fast due to a yucky heatwave.  It's hard to do anything when just walking across the room breaks you out in a sweat.  It has been a really hot summer this year.  Anyway, because we've been so busy I cut down on my DT work this month.  But I'll be back at it all again in September!

In any case, I have a card to share today that is purely one I just wanted to make.  My lovely blogger friend, Darnell, sent me some stamped images when I mention how much I loved her (discontinued) jingle bells stamp.  She is such a sweetheart!  Big hugs, Darnell!  So, I dedicate this card to her.  :-).  Take a look...



So, I took the panel she stamped the image on and trimmed it down a bit.  I coloured it in with my Spectrum Noir markers and added some Wink of Stella to the snowflakes, dots and flourishes.  Then I stamped my sentiment (STAMPlorations) in black.  Lastly, I attached it to my burgundy card base.  Love it's simplicity as it showcases those awesome jingle bells so nicely.  :-)

Thanks again, Darnell!  And thanks to all of you who stopped by for a visit today.  Have a fantastic day!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Holiday
Winter Wonderland - Christmas carols/songs
ABC Christmas Challenge - Q is for Quantum Leap, chose a past challenge.  I chose K- Keep it Simple.

7 comments:

  1. That was so sweet of Darnell to do that for you! Your card is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She IS a sweetheart…and I love what you've done with those bells! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how fun, Kim! You're very welcome! I love how you trimmed and matted the image, the fabulous coloring, and the perfect sediment! (Thank you for the shoutout!)

    Happy Anniversary to you and Michael! I've been enjoying your vacation photos on FB! PEI stole our hearts when we were there years ago. Good luck with the reno and I hope you have cooler temps soon!! Mwah! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Love your coloring skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card - I love the jingle bells and your colouring is perfect.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card! love the bells very much, so realistic coloring! Thanks so much for playing with us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your wonderful CAS card, Kim. Thanks for joining our 'Q for Quantum Leap ' challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!