February 25, 2015

Let's Celebrate!

I'mmmm baaaaack!  :-). It stopped snowing.  Thank goodness.  About 20cm fell I think. It's that big fluffy stuff though so not to heavy to shovel.  Our neighbour plows our yard and driveway but I still have to do a bit of shoveling.  Glad I don't have to go anywhere for a couple if days.  Anyway, I've got my second card to share.  Take a look...


I first masked off my middle section and using my SSS falling snow stencil I sponged on my spotted background.  I used Spiced Marmelade distress ink.  I removed the mask and added some teal glitter tape (Recollections) I had trimmed.  I stamped my dotted circle (Neat and Tangled) in SSS Sea Glass ink and fussy cut it out.  I adhered it to my card.  Then I stamped the banner and sentiment (Neat and Tangled) in black and fussy cut it out and attached it to my card.  Then I stamped my butterflies (STAMPlorations) one in Spiced Marmelade and one in Broken China distress ink.  I fussy cut them out and attached them to the card.  The larger butterfly is attached with foam dots.  I love the freshness of this card with the colours.  

I'm going to link up to the following challenges:

Less is More - things with wings.
STAMPlorations - sketch #28


Uniko Studio - birthday
showCASe your style - birthday

Well, thanks so much for visiting today and I hope you have a fantastic rest of the week!

14 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Love the colors and the glitter tape!
    Don't give up - Spring must come eventually! That's what I keep telling myself because I don't see any signs yet, just snow and cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning Kim, it has everything-texture, dimension and fab colour combo and naturally lots of yummy white space. Thanks for joining us at Uniko x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love the colors.
    Thank you for joining us at showCASe your style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim this is stunning, elegant and super CAS
    Love your use of the bold colours and thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. Love the colours you've used - so bold and bright. Thanks so much for playing along with Uniko Studios.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and cheerful card! Love your bright colors and clean design.Thank you for sharing at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really pretty card Kim! Super colours!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely warm colours for a winter day Kim!
    Thank you for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning card Kim, I love all the details and this color combo! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Butterfly = swooning! Such a gorgeous card, Kim! Love it...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love it! You've got such a great eye for design. Loving that complimentary color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woops - and thanks for playing along with STAMPlorations - YOU ROCK!

      Delete
  12. So pretty and fresh, I am a sucker for a pretty butterfly too! Thanks for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hoot, hoot, Kim! Congrats on the win at STAMPlorations :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!