January 27, 2015

Together Always

Hey everyone!  Just a quick post before the big storm hits us here in the Maritimes.  They warn us not to be surprised if the power goes out.  Oh Joy!  -13 out there today and no power (possibly)?  Good thing we have our wood stove for heat.  Crossing fingers and toes the power stays on.  :-)

Anyway, here's my card....



I took a white piece of cardstock and stamped some little hearts (Verve) and embossed them in white.  Then I sponged Ruby Red, Rich Razzleberry (both SU!), and Sea Glass (SSS) ink on it.  Then I splattered a little bit of water for interest.  I die cut the word "together" twice (using my Slice), once in white and again in red and adhered them to the panel.  I then stamped the "you & me" and the "always" in dove gray (StazOn).  Then I glued on a few sequins (Neat & Tangled).  I attached the panel to my white card base with some foam dots.  I really like how this turned out.

I'm going to link up to the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wenesday Challenge - "have a heart"
Time Out Challenges - Valentines Day with the optional twist of hearts
Uniko Studio - Love and Friendship
The Card Concept - "Love". A really lovely inspiration picture this challenge.  My card would be clean and simple.


Well, if it's storming where you are, stay safe!  Thanks for dropping by!

14 comments:

  1. Wow...love this Kim! Stay safe and I sure hope your power stays on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Kim! Love your watercolor background! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background you created Kim.
    Hope you survive the winter storm safe and sound. Apparently we will miss it but get what is coming from further up north, over Wednesday night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that bg is fabulous, so perfect for Valentines. Hope you don't lose power! Thanks for joining Uniko and Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Stay warm and keep making your beautiful cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kim, your card is super pretty! I love the double-die cut and your bg. So romantic! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful background! Great design and sentiment. Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Kim, your've created a stunning background and beautiful detailing!!

    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so pretty and delicate, thank you so much for joining in with the Uniko Studio Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. So soft & pretty :) Thanks for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful bg, Kim! And a beauty of a card too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on getting in too 3 at Uniko x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely sponged and splattered background, Kim ... it's so pretty and subtle .. and fabulous with the layered die cut! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!