January 13, 2015

One Layer Christmas Card Challenge Reminder

Hey everyone!  Just wanted to remind you about the One Layer Christmas Card Challenge going on right now.  It's our very first challenge and we'd love to see you link up there!  There's still time!  You have until January 19th.  Here's a recap of the challenge.


Also, if you link up a card that uses the twist you are entered in for the prize drawing!  Just visit the OLCCC blog for all the info.  We've got some new inspiration cards from some of the DT members too!  I've made a new card to try and entice you to play along.  Take a look...



I was a little more subtle with the red twist this time.  Just my tiny berries are red.  Here's how I made my card.  First I stamp my pine bough in forest moss distress ink and I sometimes would stamp twice before re-inking to get a lighter shade.  I added some pine boughs in mown lawn distress ink as well.  Then I took a paint brush and some water and lightly brushed it over top of my pine boughs to make the ink bleed a little bit.  Then I added my berries in Memento Lady Bug ink using some small dot stamp from the Wallflower set by CAS-ual Fridays.  Then I stamped my sentiment (STAMPlorations) in black.  Simple card to make, really, but I quite like the results.

So I hope you take the time to get ahead on your Christmas cards and join us over at OLCCC!  Love to see you there!  Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

I'm linking up to the following challenges:

ABC Christmas Challenge:  "A" is for Anything (optional twist of antlers that I didn't do).
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round - anything goes
Crazy 4 Challenges - Clean and Simple
Virginia's View Challenge - "clean slate", lots of white.


11 comments:

  1. Kim this is gorgeous, I love bows your pine boughs turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Stunning card. Thanks for joining us at CCAYR and good luck.

    hugs
    Claudia
    DT Christmas Challenge All Year Round

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful - just the right touches of red!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're one mean stamper, Kim! Love how you stamped the pine boughs! This is a super one layer beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous OLCC reminder -- love the corner stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful...absolutely beautiful!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Kim :-) I love the CAS design ! PERFECT ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUPERB!!!! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Clean Slate” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful one layer card, Kim.
    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at ABC Christmas Challenge. Hope you will join us next time.
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome Christmas card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge! We hope you'll join us throughout the year!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!