January 20, 2015

One Layer Christmas Card Challenge #2

Hi there!  It's a new challenge over at One Layer Christmas Card Challenge blog!  Once again it's anything goes but this time the optional twist is an intricate one.


See what I mean?  Get it?  :-).  Snowflakes are intricate.  I know, I know.  I'm a big geek.  :-P.  Anyway, snowflakes or no snowflakes, it needs to be one layer.  We are okay with a little washi tape or a few sequins, just don't go crazy.  (It's too late for me!  Save yourselves!  Oh man, I need help.  LOL). I kind of went a bit mixed media for my card.  Check it out...



So, using a Crafters Workshop stencil, I created the dotted background by sponging some blue/green ink over the stencil.  I stamped a few small snowflakes (Hero Arts) in SSS sea glass ink.  Then using the negative from a die cut snowflake (cut using my Slice machine) I sponged heirloom gold perfect pearls mist using it like a stencil.  Then I spritzed the mist a couple of times over the entire card.  I just can't stop using this mist!  It's just so pretty IRL.  I wish you could see the shimmer.  Once that dried I stamped my sentiment (Inkadinkado) in black.  Then I took an old stencil that has 6 different snowflakes on it, chose one, and scraped some embossing paste over it overtop of the big gold snowflake.  Once it dried, I glued on some sequins (Neat and Tangled).  I quite like the artsy, mixed media feel to this card.  Brings back fond memories of art school.  :-)

I hope you'll join us this fortnight and show us your amazing one layer cards!  You should, at least, go check out the other OLCCC DT members projects.  Simply gorgeous!  And remember, you are entered in for the prize drawing if your card uses the twist.  All the details are at the blog.  :-)

I'm going to link up to the following challenges:

Jingle Belles - "bring in the new"  Use new supplies.  The sequins, the gold spray and the SSS sea glass ink were all new supplies that I got over Christmas.  :-)
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round - Anything Goes
ABC Christmas Challenge - A is for Anything Goes (with the option to use Antlers)

Thanks for visiting with me today!  I hope you have a lovely week!  :-)

13 comments:

  1. Very fun, artsy one layer Kim! I love brown and blue together and the mixed media feel. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shimmering Christmas cards are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, gorgeous card, I love the colour combination and the snowflake. Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Christmas card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge! We hope that you'll join us throughout the year!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card; love the mixed media look and colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, you're a girl after my own heart, Kim -- mixed media AND one layer! Fabulous stenciling, inking, sponging, and stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one fabulous mixed media card, Kim! Love the colors and the depth you've created on this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layering of design elements ... they all work together so beautifully ... so glad you helped us bring in the new at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This looks awesome, fabulous sponging n stenciling :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Intricate, innovative and inspiring! Your snowflakes are gorgeous!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the different elements you used Kim, fabulous one layer card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh ♥WOW♥ what a gorgeous card! & all the more impressive that it's ONE LAYER. holy moly! thanks for "bringing in the new" with us at JINGLE BELLES! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!