January 06, 2015

One Layer Christmas Card Challenge #1

Hey everyone!  It the first challenge for the new challenge blog, One Layer Christmas Cards!  I'm very excited about being on this Design Team.  I'm among some very talented ladies and, as most of you are well aware, I love making Christmas cards!  Now some of you may be tired of making Christmas cards after the frenzy of making them for everyone just last month but just think if you made one Christmas card for every challenge we had you'd have a pretty nice stash all ready by next Christmas!  In any case, I hope to see some of you join in on the fun.  Be sure to check out the other DT girl's projects as well.  They are all amazing!

On to the challenge!  Like it will be for all challenges, its Anything Goes.  But there is an optional twist!  For this first challenge the twist is to use Red.


I have decided that I'm going to try and use the twist for each challenge so I've got some red in my one layer card.  Take a look...


So, first I masked of an area on a kraft card base where I stamped my poinsettia in red (STAMPlorations) by flipping it over and using the solid backside.  Then I stamped right side up with versamark and embossed in white.  I took the mask off and created another just above where I stamped my circle (Stampology) in black.  I removed this mask and created a small one under the poinsettia section to sponge a small stripe of black.  Using a ruler I drew a line between the two stamped sections with a gold pen.  Then I did the same above and below the sections but dragged the ruler through the ink several times to smear it somewhat.  Then I stamped my sentiment (Hero Arts) in versamark and embossed it in white.  It's amazing how something can seem to have many layers yet be just one.

So, I really hope you'll break out your Christmas stamps and supplies again and play along with us!  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

I'm linking up to the following challenges:

Crazy 4 Challenges - clean and simple
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round - anything goes (Christmas).

13 comments:

  1. Love the stamped poinsettia border~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the way you created these borders... Great look for a one layer. I'm so stealing your idea for some of our challenges, watch out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mix of patterns and colour. Congrats on new DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This challenge combines two of my favourite types of cards! And how great to see you on this DT! Congratulations! Can't wait to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the patterns you used and thanks for sharing the stamp flip technique! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this border technique, Kim! Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, I love the masking on this. The borders are so striking! Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous card, Kim! I'm loving the graphic, folk-artsy look. Loved reading how you did the gold borders -- that's what I was most curious about when I first saw your card :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word - this is lovely and I really had to check closely that this was only one layer! It really stands out and I loved seeing how you put everything together. I really must use more 'techniques' in my cards, this is brilliant. Thank you so much for entering the Christmas Cards All Year Round (AG) Challenge this month, lots of luck.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kim, I love the different patterns you used to layer on top of one another and that you created your card with a crumb cake card base,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, wow and wow, Kim - your one layer card is nothing short of stellar! You're right: the 'illusion' of many layers - and impressively lovely ones, at that - is what makes your card so eye-catching. In awe...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card. Thanks for letting us know about this challenge. New to me. Gonna go take a peek!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully designed, even though its one layer, it doesn't look like one... this is pure creativity

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!