January 17, 2015

Inkspirational Challenge - Designer's Choice - Ombre

Hello everybody!  It's that time again for another challenge over at Inkspirational!  This time our lovely and talented DT member, Pia, had the choice of what the challenge would be.  She chose Ombré.  Who doesn't love the look of ombré?


Not sure what ombré means?  Here's a definition:  Ombré is when the colour is graduated in tone eg. a colour that fades from dark grey to light grey.  Of course any colour can be used on the project.  Hope that helps.  Now here's my card...




I almost created another one layer card.  Apparently I'm obsessed.  LOL.  I started by creating an ombré background by masking off a strip of my white card base and then sponging Memento Cantaloupe ink  from dark to light.  Then I stamped my foliage and dandelion in the cantaloupe colour a few times and then stamped my fox in the same colour.  Then I stamped the foliage and dandelion again in grey and the black.  I lightly sprayed my heirloom gold Perfect Pearls mist over top.  I'm apparently obsessed with it as well.  :-). Then I removed the mask and created another to sponge a narrow strip using black and grey ink to create another ombré effect.  I stamped my sentiment in black and cut it out and adhered it with some foam dots.  All the stamps used in this card are from a set called What A Fox, by Fiskars.  This is my first time using this set so it is NBUS!  I got it quite a while ago on our last trip to Bangor, ME.  I really like the foliage and the fox.

I hope you will play along with us this challenge.  We love seeing you there!  Take a look at what the other girls on the Ink DT have created too.  It's fantastic as usual.  Plus, we have the amazing Deepti, of Dee's Art Utopia, joining us as GD.  Her cards are beautiful works so art and you should definitely go visit her blog.  :-)

I'm going to link up to the following challenges:

STAMPlorations - January challenge - "stamps and ink".
Craft Stamper - Take It, Make It Challenge - "take a stamp", use a stamp.



CAS-ology - cue word is NBUS.  They are teaming up with Darnell!  :-)
Darnell's NBUS challenge - anything goes



Thanks for stopping by and hope you're having a great weekend!

24 comments:

  1. Stunning! Amazing scene you've created with only a few elements on it. Reminds me of a morning glow in the forests.... So wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very creative Kim, and the fax image really makes for a stunning scene x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome scene you have created, Kim! Thanks for sharing your process with us - so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME- your card is stunning - what a wonderful scene you created here, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ombre scene! Love that you also sponged the strip in ombre - that was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Kim!! What an incredible ombré :) love the pretty silhouette look :) so glad to be Guest Designing at Ink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim. TOTALLY in love with this card....so much so I want it... ANyways, ignore me on that, Iam smitten with it, so MUCH, wow, the shadow is such a wonderful surprise. ADORE, ADORE ADORE!!!! Hope your weekend is kicking off great girl!!!!
    Thanks for joining us in the CASology NBUS challenge this week! So glad that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! And I second Kimberly: smitten with this! The ombre background, the fox silhouette, the foliage and dandelions...WOW, WOW and WOW! Work of art, my friend!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge. Wishing you the best~ Renee xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH I love this so much! It is really atmospheric- I need that stamp set but I don't think I could make anything as lovely as this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! That is a gorgeous ombre panel and I love the scene you've created with the stamping, highlighted beautifully with the black strip and sentiment label! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a lovely card, Kim, and so well-written to help someone understand the definition of ombre and the perfect execution of it!! Mwah! Thank you so much for entering the CASology and NBUS challenges again! Have a great week!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Kim... I am so impressed with your inking techniques here. The foliage and fox look fantastic and your ombre is perfect here. Awesome card all around!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this ....... great job with the background and I love the little scene you've created. Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kim, I was almost speechless when I spotted your card.....aaaah, what a beauty. The ombre in the background and the slight highligted fox image and on top of that the contrast of the black. WAUW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card! Love it! I think the color palette, the subtle image is exquisite! Elegant and beautiful! I am actually lost for words!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous scene you've created for our enjoyment! Absolutely radiant... love the fox!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE this card. The shadow stamping is just perfect and a technique I often forget. Thanks for the great inspiration! I spotted your card on the Inkspirational Challenge blog. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous, Kim! I love the fox hiding in the undergrowth :) Thanks so much for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It - and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally gorgeous Kim, thank you for joining in at the Take it, Make it Challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Perfection! I was looking at the gorgeous scene, the beautiful ombre and then I did a double take when I saw the fox! My next surprise was when I read that it was (nearly) a one layer card! This is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I Love this card Kim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing! Love the yellow fox in the background. And the black silhouettes in the card front look so beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us at Take It, Make It challenge! Hoping to see you with us again in February!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A wonderful example of stamps and inks, Kim. Thanks for gracing the gallery at STAMPlorations this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!