January 31, 2015

Inkspirational Challenge - Colour Challenge

Hello!  It's a wonderful day for a new challenge, don't ya think?!  We've got a new one for you over at Inkspirational.  It's a colour challenge this time.


Now you can use red or pink tones on your card, as well as black, white, cream, green leaf colours and natural colours for skin, fur or hair.  But that's it!  :-).  This was quite a challenge for me as it is not my natural inclination to use pink tones.  I could have gone red but I wanted to challenge myself. I'm not a pink girl.  I do not own any pink clothing.  It's just not me.  However, some people can really pull it off fabulously.  On me, I look like a giant gumball.  LOL.  Anyway, I managed to come up with something.  Check it out...


I'm in need of some birthday cards as February and March are heavy birthday months for us.  Both my husbands and my birthday are in March and my sons is in February.  Plus about four other family members are in one of those two months.  Crazy!  Anyway, here's how I made my card.  I masked off a diagonal section and sponged some pink ink.  It was way too bright a pink so I took some brown ink and lightly sponged it around which gave the pink a more dusty look.  I then took my pink metallic gelato and applied it to my butterfly stamp (STAMPlorations, Trendy Butterflies set).  I added water to the stamp with a brush and stamped away on my pink section,  I removed the mask and let it dry.  I added a small strip of silver glitter tape (Darice) and then stamped my sentiment (Stampabilities) in grey.  Very CAS but quite pretty I think.  It's too bad you can't see the shimmer from the gelato. It's lovely.

I hope you'll take on our challenge and link up a card or two!  Make sure you check out the other Ink DT girls projects too. They are all fabulous!  Also visit our wonderfully talented guest designer, Jill of My Life In Paper.  Her card is fantastic!

I'm going to link up to the following challenges:

Less is More - "little ones". My stamped butterflies are my small elements. (They less than an inch wide)
CAS-ology - cue word is "birthday".
Addicted to Stamps and More - create a CAS card.

Thanks so much for visiting today!  Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous masking and inking. Love the faded look and the use of water on the small stamps really matches this look x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab and well done for embracing colours you would not normally use too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the slanted design, yes really pretty card and lovely shade of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, I know you do NOT look like a 'gumball' in pink (giggle), but I hear you about not being a pink girl. Neither am I. My niece, on the other hand...Anyway, your decision to challenge yourself in using this colour: exponentially fabulous! The butterfly images...swooning! The angled panel...eye-catching! So gorgeous!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect CAS creation and love your inking and stamping
    So elegant and pretty
    Thanks for sharing and playing along with the challenge
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. The brown over the pink really given the background some dimension, Kim, and I love the addition of the silver glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your pretty CAS birthday card - thanks for sharing it at ATSM this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely panel Kim, super card.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty section of butterflies, love the angle and the glittery tape, too. Thanks for joining us again at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim what a pretty and feminine card!
    Thanks for joining us this week at LIM
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful inking and stamping, so pretty! Thank you for sharing at ATSM :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the gorgeous softness of the butterfly stripe and the pop of sparkle from the glitter tape! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so impressed by how you made the butterfly pattern using gelato. It looks soooo good! Nice touch with the silver glitter strip :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great design on this Kim! The diagonal rose panel looks nice. I am even good with the metallic colors. =)
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!