January 09, 2015

Hello Butterfly

Hi there!  It's been a few days since my last post.  Things are getting back to normal after the holidays.  My son is back at school and is quite happy about it.  I love that he likes school so much.  It's been super cold here in the Maritimes.  Too cold for my liking.  It's warming up some today but it will bring snow which is not my favourite.  I'll take it over the cold though!

Anyway, I have a card to share today where I played around with some distress inks.  I now have two more colours of distress ink that I got for Christmas but I didn't use them for this card.  Go figure.  :-). In any case, here's my card...


I broke out my one of my big butterfly stamps (by Stampendous) and I dabbed my two colours of distress ink (broken china and forest moss) randomly around.  Then I spritzed some water on my card stock and stamped a couple of times.  I used the water lightly as I only wanted some slight bleeding.  Then, once that dried, I created a mask and I stamped the same butterfly in dove gray StazOn ink.  I stamped the sentiment (STAMPlorations) in black.  I took a white card base and adhered some strips of silver glitter tape (Darice) and then attached my butterfly panel.  I love the colours of this card.  And that glitter tape. So sparklely!

I'm going to link up to the following challenges:

Virginia's View Challenge - "clean slate".  I've got lots of white in my card. :-)


Little Tangles -  challenge #52: saying hello


Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you'll have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along in the Little Tangles Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, this is a knock-out, bowl me over STUNNING card! I "need" that butterfly *grin*! Love this...swooning..
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you did the butterflies, Kim. The neutral ones really make the Distress ones stand out. I may have to CASE this, if that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...love those gorgeous butterflies, Kim! They really pop with the rest of the card in neutrals. I hear you about the cold...we are starting to warm up finally...hope it will there too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!