January 15, 2015

Hello Bow

Hiya!  It's been cold here again, unfortunately, in the Maritimes.  -25 (celcius) with windchill making it -33.  Brrrr...  Luckily that's been overnight.  During the day its a balmy -13 to -8.  :-P.  I'm sorry, but winter sucks.  It is going to be a bit warmer but with that comes the snow.  Can't wait until spring/summer!

Anyway, I digress.  (What else is new?)  Today I have a card that was inspired by a few challenges. It made me use some things I had been hoarding.  Check it out...



So, first I cut out my circle from white cardstock.  Then I sponged SSS Sea Glass ink creating an ombré effect.  Then I stamped my NBUS berry branch (Casual Comfort set by CAS-ual Fridays) in the sea glass, grey and black.  I did the stamping off technique with the grey to create even more depth.  Then I stamped my sentiment (Wallflower set by CAS-ual Fridays) in black.  I matted this with black and adhered it to my white card base.  I had these green felt bows I had gotten from
Michaels but never used.  So I attached one underneath my circle.  I added three white sequins (Neat and Tangled, Winter Wonderland mix) underneath the bow to finish it off.  Loving the colour scheme and that felt bow.  :-)

I'm linking up to the following challenges:

Craft Stamper - Take It, Make It Challenge - "take a stamp", must use a stamp.


CAS-ual Fridays - use felt and sequins.


ShowCASe Your Style - use the colour combo


Darnell's NBUS Challenge - the berry branch stamp, the felt bow and the sequins are new.


CAS-ology - cue word is NBUS.  They've teamed up with Darnell!  :-)

Well, I'm happy you stopped by for a visit!  Have a wonderful day!

18 comments:

  1. Oh, pretty! Love the stamping off, the sponging and that bold pop of green! So glad you joined us at CASology this week, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, like you, our weather has been just brutal...but it has finally warmed up! Hopefully you can have some sun, a bit of warmth, and no snow :) I love how you used the lime green...that bow is fabulous! Lovely card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card with the sponging, the stamping off and that fun felt bow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dimension you created by stamping off, Kim! And that green bow makes me smile <------ this wide -------> :o) I don't envy you with your winter temps! It's all I can do to survive in 30-degree temps around here! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty and elegant card, just lovely. Thanks for joining in the Craft Stamper challenge, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty card! Thanks for joining us at the CS Take It Make It Challenge. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Your image is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best way to cope with frigid temperatures: staying cozy inside and crafting! Your card...oh my! Utterly stunning! The felt bow adds such a special touch! If you have more felt hanging about, check out the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how that bow ended up being PERFECT for that color challenge ~ and for PTI, for that matter! Usually I find something like that just AFTER the challenge has closed! I think your stamping off was genius, Kim, because it does add so much depth and interest for the eye when looking through the circle! Thank you so much for linking to the joint challenges at CASology and at my NBUS Challenge #3!! Have a great weekend!! I hope it warms up. I don't know how cars start, nor how furnaces can continue running to keep homes warm with temperatures like that! Yikes! On the other hand, you do live in God's country the other three seasons of the year! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow... Very pretty and elegant card:) That green felt bow is looking just perfect on the card. Thanks for joining us at CAS- ual Fridays challenge .
    Hugs
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty ..... I love the sponged background and the bright coloured bow really makes the design pop. Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another awesome sponging job! Great design and color choice. I would have never chose to add that green, but it really works well.
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I do love that generation stamping in black against that pretty blue background! And the green bow? Divine! So glad you joined us at CASology using your NBUS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous inking and generation stamping and I love the fun pop of colour from the bow! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A Bow to your bow :-) Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG!!! I would die with that kind of weather. I've been thinking it gets really "cold" here in Southern California when it's in the high 50s F.

    Anyways... You have created a very lovely CAS card!!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays challenge

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm such a fan of bows and damn, your big neon bow is such an eye-catcher. Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Don't forget to come back to the blog to see who are the winners and the next challenge is coming up soon! I hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful card, thank you for joining in at the Take it, Make it Challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!