October 07, 2014

Pencil Crayon Poinsettia

Hello!  It's a lovely fall day today in Jemseg, New Brunswick.  A little windy but sunny and mild.  Sure beats the grey sky and rain we had on the weekend.  Well, today I have a card to share that showcases a rarely used colouring method, for me at least.  Now, you all know how much I love my Spectrum Noir markers but this time I decided to break out my neglected Prismacolor pencils.  I recently purchased a bunch of fantastic stamps from STAMPlorations that I've been playing around with.  Shery, who designs these stamps, has come up with some lovely new Christmas ones that I just adore.  For this card I used the poinsettia from the Holiday Sketches: Christmas Flower set.  As the name suggests, it has a wonderful sketched feel to it.  Take a look at what I've made...


So, I made a paper mask of the poinsettia and then stamped it all around the edge of the kraft card base.  I used soft suede ink (SU!) so as not to be too harsh looking.  Then I coloured my flowers using white, pink and green pencil crayons.  I love how this looks on the kraft paper.  Then I stamped my sentiment (from same set) in the same brown ink.  I love that this is all one layer as well.

I'm going to link up to these two challenges:

STAMPlorations - for their "Anything Goes" challenge which requires the use of their own stamps.


Virginia's View Challenge - make a CAS card.

Well, I hope you have enjoyed you visit.  I sure appreciate you stopping by.  Have a lovely day!

10 comments:

  1. These stamps are perfect for you and that masking is so good, looks fab on kraft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have masterfully colored the images on kraft card stock! Brilliant, Kim! Isn't this poinsettia image gorgeous? So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Clean and Simple Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is stunning! I love the color palette you've chosen and the layout with masking looks super cool! I really love this! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning, Kim! Incredible masking and coloring! I'm truly, truly happy to see my drawings-turned-into-stamps come to life in the hands of card artists like you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colouring is beautiful and the stamp works perfectly masked and arranged around the border of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those poinsettia are beautiful. You did an amazing job of stamping and coloring them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Kim, congrats on the win

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay Kim! Congrats on your shout out over at Virginia's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrat's on this gorgeous card spotlighted over at Virginia's. This is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is gorgeous, and I love your coloring on kraft! Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!