October 09, 2014

Double, Double Toil and Trouble

Greetings!  Today's card is brought to you by the following spell:

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn and cauldron bubble.
Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the cauldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog, 
Adder’s fork, and blind-worm’s sting, 
Lizard’s leg, and howlet’s wing, 
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.




Now isn't that rather spooky?!  :-). I suppose you can guess what kind of card I will be sharing with you today.  Christmas!  LOL!  Just kidding.  Yes, it's a Halloween card.  Take a look...


So this card uses some wood veneer pieces that I don't use very often.  I found these in a local scrapbooking store and thought they were cool.  I coloured them up using my Spectrum Noir markers (TB1, TB3, TB5, TB6, CT2, OR1, OR2, OR3, DG2, DG3, DG4) and added some tiny labels I hand made and some glossy accents for shine to make them seem more like real bottles.  I made a shelf using some pieces of woodgrain paper that I shaded with my SN markers (EB1, EB7).  I drew a spider and it's web in the corner.  I layered this on some black cardstock then some green star patterned paper (Party Day paper pack by Crate Paper) and finally attaching to my black card base.  I love how my bottles turned out.  :-)

I'm linking up to the following challenges:

The Paper Players - Halloween
Spectrum Noir October challenge - use an embellishment.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a spooktacular day!

9 comments:

  1. Very cute, Kim! I love these images. Your coloring is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quoting of the spell. Great detail with the spiderweb underneath the shelf. Spiderwebs has a tendency to always be placed "underneath" something. Great card, Kim. Pepsi sends a doggie greeting to playful Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Xmas card Kim!!! Cute little wood pieces and great colouring. Thanks for joining ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Something wicked this way comes..." I've taught this play umpteen times and yes, that is a most spooky, creepy poem. Your card, however, is neither spooky nor creepy, but brilliant and awesome! The shelf of potions is amazing, and that web with the spider...perfect special touch! Thank you for sharing at ATSM!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very spooky card, Kim! Your coloring is awesome! Those magic potions are perfect for Halloween! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool Kim!! Love those wood veneer bottles!! Great job drawing the spider and web! Thanks for joining us at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool card! these little bottles are eye-catching! Thank you for sharing at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb!! I love the depth and dimension u created with ur awesome coloring. Thank you for sharing with ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your shout-out at the Paper Players - fabulous card! Love how you colored those bottles!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!