May 12, 2014

PCS Gallery Idol 2014

So, I was thinking that it might be fun to share with you the three cards I made for the current Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking magazine's 2014 Gallery Idol competition.  It's open audition time so it's okay to share.  :-)  Now two of the cards are brand new never before seen.  But one is a previously made one which is okay for the open auditions.  I really loved how this card turned out so wanted to enter it.  I'll start with that one.  :-)


I made this when I was on the Red Carpet Studio Design Team.  In fact, I believe it was my first DT project I had made.  I didn't have a lot of washi tape then but it was a St. Patricks day theme so the green stuff I did have worked out well.  You can see the original post HERE.  Now here's one of the new cards.


For this one I took some washi tape and attached strips of it to computer paper.  Then I use my Slice to die cut the word perfect.  I used computer paper as it's thinner and with the added thickness of the washi tape it would still cut nicely.  Then I splattered some green and blue ink (SU! Mellow Moss and Blue Brocade) and adhered my due cut.  I stamped the We Are (Neat and Tangled, On the corner set) and the Together (Heidi Grace) in black.  Then I attached my panel with some foam dots to my card base.  I'm pleased with the results.

Here's the last card, and my personal favourite.



I folded, twisted and rolled some washi tape and made them into flowers.  I've seen this done with fabric or ribbon and wondered if washi tape would work.  Well, it does!  Although it is a bit finicky to do.  I added some pearls to finish the flowers off and cut some leaf shapes from some washi tape as well.  It's funny that the washi tape I used is actually Christmas themed.  You can't tell at all.  I just liked the colours.  Once the flowers and leaves were attached I stamped the sentiment (Fiskars) in black and adhered my panel with foam dots to my card base.

All in all, I'm pleased with my entries.  I really encourage you all to try out too!  You never know what can happen!  Check out all the entries so far by visiting Flickr HERE.  Maybe add one of your own cards!

Anyway, I hope you all have a lovely day.  Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. A trio of terrific cards, Kim! You've used washi tape in some innovative ways, especially the rolled flowers! How pretty are those!! Your creativity, combined with your bubbly personality that comes through so wonderfully on your posts, should see you moving up into more of the Gallery competitions. Awesome start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are all great! I love the layout of the first card and your rolled washi flowers are really awesome. Who would have thought! Great idea! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three of your cards are fun and fabulous and will surely propel you into the next round!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome cards Kim and I agree the third one is my fav too. Such an original and cool idea. Good luck, I think you have a good chance with these gems x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!