April 23, 2014

I See a Sheep, or a Goat, or a Donkey.....

Well, I'm thinking I'm the only completely crazy person out there that saw an animal when I first took a look at this weeks CAS(E) This Sketch challenge.


I'm serious.  I didn't realize it was flowers until I started looking at the DT's projects.  LMAO!  All I could see was a sheep or goat type animal.  I thought to myself, oh how cute and different!  I think the hamster in my head is starved of oxygen or something.  :-). But rather than going along with the flowers I decided to just throw all caution to the wind and create a card based on what I first saw!  I decided to go with a sheep.     :-). Now, CAS(E) This Sketch has teamed up with the Runway Inspired Challenge where they look to fashion for inspiration.  I've followed the blog for some time but this is my first time playing.  Anyway, here's what I made.


You see it don't you?  Please tell me you do!  LOL.  Obviously, I took a few little liberties with the flower part and made it my sheep's head.  The bow is where the little flower would be.  :-). I liked the orange and black patterns and found some paper that reminded me of them.  It's hard to see but the black flourish is flocked.  I hand cut the half circle part.  I tried to emphasize the orange with the bow.  I didn't have any orange ribbon so I coloured some white with an alcohol marker.  Then stamped and embossed in white my sentiment (Fiskars).  I just hand drew the sheep's face.  This is being sent to my Mom to give to her friend who loves sheep.  :-).  I think it turned out rather cute.

I have some new followers to welcome today!  First up is, Shirley, from  Card Art, Etc.  She's been blogging for quite some time and a wonderful card artist.  Next is, Nonni, from Korttikarkuri-Runaway Cards, who has been blogging for a long while too and is well worth checking out!  I'm pretty sure she's my first follower from Finland too!  How cool is that?!  I'm constantly amazed by how this crafty community can bring together so many people all over the world.  It's fantastic!  Anyway, welcome to my blog, Shirley and Nonni.  I hope you enjoy your visits.

Well, that's all for now.  Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, this is great! Super sweet take on the sketch & inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, this made me giggle..you are so right and I am so pleased you went with what you saw, true creativity....'create without fear' is a new stamp sentiment I just got and I think I will have to dedicate my first card I make using it to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew...I, too, saw 'something' other than flowers at first glance, so it's great to know I wasn't alone in my initial head-scratching! Good thing DT cards were on parade, because if this were a 'left to my own devices' interpretation, holy moley, not sure what I would have done! You, however, have created a card of absolute delight!! Your sheep is toooo adorable; your mom's friend will be thrilled to receive this. Mega-watt smile guaranteed (I'm wearing on right now, having seen this!). Your blog is creative, inspiring and FUN, FUN and FUN!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see the donkey now too! And if I turn my head on the side I can see a cow, kind of...
    Your little sheep is so cute and your background panel so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you went completely different and let your inner hamster shine! The sheep is so cute, and the whole card makes for an unusually creative take on the Runway Inspired Challenge! I say follow the hamster!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I am glad you did make it a sheep's head!! It is really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!