May 18, 2013

Festive Friday is so Sweet!

Really, they are.  I love this challenge blog.  They have great themes and the DT are so talented.  Plus, they are helping me get my Christmas cards done early!  So, it's a Trigger Challenge this time at Festive Friday.


 
This was a hard one for me for some reason.  I suppose one problem is that I didn't seem to have any stamps that really worked well for this word.  So, I remembered I had these embellishments that I got for Christmas a couple of years ago and they were perfect.  :-)
 

I love that little gingerbread house!  I had to creatively cobble together the sentiment using two stamps.  One was a 1.50 stamp from Michaels that had a jar of candies (yes, I know this could have worked for the theme and I tried but I couldn't come up with anything I liked) and the word "sweet" on it.  I inked up that part only and stamped it first.  Then I used my other sentiment (Fiskars) and lined it up underneath.  I think it worked out well.  So, then it was just a matter of cutting out some circles and putting it all together.  If you are wondering the patterned paper is from a Christmas paper pad from Recollections.

Well, that's all for now.  Have a fabulous day!


5 comments:

  1. This is a really fun layout - and your little house is adorable! Thanks for playing along with Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the gingerbread house.
    (:(:smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well those little embellishments are perfect for this...but I'm with you...don't have a ton of stuff that lends itself to a 'sweet' theme. This turned out so nice, though, and YOU, my dear,...and your creations are ALWAYS a sweet addition to our inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, you are so kind! We love seeing you every week in the gallery, and I am so glad you're enjoying our challenge so much. I feel so lucky to have the girls I do working with me, and I am so happy that you love them as much as I do! This card is SO adorable, and you made it work for the theme beautifully. I love the layout, too - I never would have thought of that, but it works so well to showcase your papers and your sweet little hhouse. Thank you so much for your kind words, and for playing along again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No joke...I had to enlarge this card to see if those were real gumdrops!! I love how realistic the embellishments are. Perfect for this challenge and very well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!