May 07, 2013

A Card For The MIL

Well, I seem to be on a roll this week.  Another card done but this time for the Mother-in-law.  I'm quite pleased with it too.  I'm linking the card up to The Playdate Cafe's challenge #180.  That's where the colour scheme came from.  Must use white and black with a splash of magenta.



I'm cutting it close with this challenge.  It ends in about 13 hours.  LOL.   Here's my card...



 There was another source of inspiration for this card that I found on Pinterest.  A card created by the talented Heather Telford.  The colours on mine are different as well as the stamps used.  I did make a few changes but you can see the similarity.  Checks hers out HERE.  It's the fifth card down.  I just love her work!  Anyway, here's what I did.  First I sponged with black ink on the one corner then stamped with a script stamp (7 Gypsies) making sure to sponge of the ink a bit to give that faded look.  Then I stamped the tall flowers (Hero Arts) and coloured it in with my Spectrum Noir markers.  I stamped the sentiment (Inkadinkado) and added the black ribbon.  I attached that to a black panel then the white card base.

Well, better get this posted and linked up.  Have a fabulous day!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent card, Kim! I can see Heather's influence in your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I'm sorry I'm missed your blog lately. And I've missed a lot too...fabulous cards! I love the sponged inky corner. Perfect frame for that bodacious bloom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!