February 15, 2013

Birthday Fairy

It's been too long since I posted last.  With my son no longer napping I'm finding it hard to get away to my craft area.  :-(.  Oh well.  I did manage to get crafty last night and I completed one card for my sister-in-laws birthday and started another.  The second one isn't going well and it may end up being scrapped and I'll start over.  The birthday card turned out pretty good I think.




She loves fairies so, of course, I used one.  :-). I coloured her in with my Spectrum Noir markers and the fussy cut her out.  Fussy is right.  Almost too fussy.  To make the background I stamped my grass and coneflowers with versamark ink and embossed in clear.  Then sponged the yellow, pink and green.  Next I stamped the grass and coneflowers in yellow sponged with some pink.  Then the sentiment at the bottom.  Layered some green paper and attached to white card base.

I'm entering this into the MUSE challenge this week.  I was inspired by the card a little bit in my colours used (well, the green anyway.  There is a bit of purple too in the fairy wings) and a little bit in the layout.  This will be the first card I'm entering for this new challenge blog.  I've been following along but just couldn't find the time to get a card done.  :-)
Here's the inspiration card:



I think I will try and fix my other card or redo it sometime today.  Hopefully I'll get the chance.  :-).  I hope you all have a fabulous day!

Supplies:  stamps:  (fairy) Kolette Hall,  (grass and coneflower) Stampin' Up!, (sentiment) Recollections, paper:  (white) Recollections, (green) Dear Lizzy, ink:  (yellow) Marvy, (pink) unknown, (green) Stampin' Up!, (black) StazOn, markers are Spectrum Noir.

13 comments:

  1. I think your card is just lovely, the fairy is just a darling little one, flying over those delightful flowers.
    Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, your card is amazing!!! I love your stamping and coloring of the coneflower! It came out stunning! Your sister in law is so lucky to get this masterpiece.

    OMG - you still have this horrible word verification on. I am having such a hard time reading those things. Why don't you do comment moderation? Its really easy and you don't have to publish a comment, if you don't like it. Just a suggestion...Hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. I just adore the scene as a whole. :)

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous design! Your layered grasses and background are amazing. I know that she will just love it.
    Thanks so much for taking the time to share with us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! This is just stunning! The background is gorgeous and I love the tiny fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the embossing you used on the card. Great take on the muse challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful. So glad I came to your blog for the closeup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2/16/2013

    The field of flowers is just gorgeous ... you've created so much movement and texture with the embossing and spongeing! Anita in France :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find your card fascinating - every time I look at it - I see some new detail and technique. It really is striking. The colours, colouring, and sponging are amazing. I am so glad you were able to get into your craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So delightful and whimsical. I'm enchanted.
    http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous! I was so drawn to the bright colours I had to click over from MUSE for a close up :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely colors and depth in your sweet creation. This should make your sister-in-law feel really special!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!